25 June 2007

Dinner in the Snow.

It has been two years since I last cooked a proper meal, and that was when I was living in England alone. Tonight, I did it again! It turned out to be only four guests, instead of the reserved meal for six. Well, that will still do. I managed to kill four stomach with one feast.

I used to cook crispy-skinned chicken a few years ago. The critic was well-received. Some even asked where I bought it from. Haha. A very positive encouragement for a rookie like me. My sister has made a request on that particular dish for quite a while so I thought I'd cook it for her. To my own shame, the dish didn't turn out as well as I would have expected, albeit still edible. The main point is, my sister didn't make it to the dinner as the roads were all covered with snow, she and my bro-in-law couldn't drive up to bro's place. What a miss!!!

Anyway, I decided to deep-fry the dumplings which had been in the fridge for quite a while. Sampo and Kimchi. Kimchi dumplings were nicer because they were finished till the last drop. My sis-in-law reassured me that the deep-fried dumplings were definitely better than the boiled dumplings. I was enlightened.

There should be a vege dish in a meal to maintain the healthy balance of a meal. So I stir-fried lean meat with cabbage so that the cabbage wouldn't look too dull on its own. Personally I think the lean meat was a bit smelly as I didn't have ginger in it. *bummer*

But then, after two years of silence in cooking, I still managed to pull through the test, hahahahahahaha....

P.S. Yet to upload a close-up of my crispy-skinned chicken - when it has a complete coat of skin on its flesh, that is, hehehehe...

My "secret recipe" for boiling the chicken - H.O.N.E.Y.

A 2.4kg chicken for six.

Are you grossed? I'm a bit...

This is the lean meat.

And I stir-fried it with "yu lu" - fish sauce.

Deep-frying the dumplings.

All done, with the completion of a bottle of SARSI. Baby Elijah: I still have my rusk to munch on.

The question of the day: What is the full name of the drink SARSI? Whoever can answer it will win......So, what do you think you should win which can still be posted to you legally? Perhaps this comes the second question of the day?!? :P

3 comments:

Liz said...

我还没试过穿着厚外套准备晚餐哦...

Anonymous said...

Never know that you can cook...

Flora & Henry said...

Liz, it feels totally different, you should try it sometimes :P

Jam, I didn't know you can blog too~~hehehe...真人不露相...