05 November 2007

God's day - S.U.N.D.A.Y.

I love Sunday, because this is the only day of the week I get to rest, without distractions. I work six days a week, not very much different to the time I was in Sibu, where I worked seven days a week. I used to be happy-go-lucky and down-to-earth, but I was transformed otherwise since I started working and living in Sibu. Yes, reality bites.

Recently (perhaps not that recent), I find myself very attached to what they call "worldly" things. Everything I do, it's money-related; everything I plan, it's money-focused. Everything I do, I do it for you~~~~~Sadly but true, the YOU is the money. I know, go ahead, laugh at me for being pathetic and forlorn. Perhaps you have forgotten, or maybe not, let me just kindly remind you, there's one Chinese saying “金钱不是万能,但没钱万万不能”, literally translated as "Money is not everything, but having no money is nothing. I used to think, quite ignorantly I must admit, what money can do that love can't?? Now, I couldn't agree more. I know we can't be thinking about money every single moment, but sometimes we have to. As reality bites *ouch* Though we have to bear in mind that "have to" <> "must", so you still have the freedom to choose ^_^

Inevitably, I am not denying that God's the provider of all. The lilies and the birds. On the other hand, I also realise that I have to sweat by my brows in order to eat my food. Somehow, I feel that we too often say things for granted, such as "I know God will provide and I have faith in it!" and then the story ends there. Where are the deeds? What good is it if we claim to have faith but have no deeds? We all know the Bible says the faith by itself is dead. Frankly speaking, I'm not a bible expert so I shouldn't be doing all this talking. God, forgive me for I'm sinned.

I should spend more time with God, else I'm easily led astray. So do you, mate ;) Have a brilliant Sunday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think in order to love God, we need to have money too. Because the church also needs money to survive.