26 May 2007

10 Ways Gorilla Makes Me Mad

Monkey tagged me to talk about ways Gorilla pisses me off. Frankly speaking, I was pondering rather seriously regarding this issue. Yes, sometimes he makes me mad, very, very mad. Let's see how he has managed to make me unhappy. Am I being inhuman? You'll tell me if I'm being too harsh. *LONG POST AHEAD*

1st: On the road - at the roundabout
F: Can you not use the outer lane to drive to the third turning at the roundabout?
H: What, I've been driving like this since forever! Law is like this moh.
F: EXCUSE ME! This is illegal. I am a driver too!
H: My brother also drives like this.
F: That's because he saw you drive like this!!!
H: ... *speechless*
F: Wait till accident happens, you go and tell the officer this reason la, see if that gets you off.
H: ... *speechless*
F: Are you listening?????????????????
H: ... *ignore*

We have this same conversation for countless times. The outcome is still the same. I feel like strangling myself, you know. He's as obstinate as a mule, no, MORE than a mule!

2nd: In the room - PS2 Soccer
F: How long have you been playing already?
H: Not long la, just started.
F: Is it? I can see your PS2 is very hot boh.
H: No la, it's just your imagination. *quickly use air-con to blow it*
F: What the heck are you playing? Just ball lai ball ki, so boring!
H: What, this is art, you have to appreciate it.
F: Art your head, you might as well read some books to broaden your knowledge.
H: ... *playing his PS2*
F: AHHHH!!!!!!!!!! *screaming*

As usual, I leave him in the room. There was once his PS2 couldn't start as he over-used it the previous day. I teased him and he got angry at me, saying why I was being so scornful. Sometimes not only girls blame others for their own faults, boys do that too!

3rd: Breakfast
F: So, what did you eat this morning?
H: The usual la.
F: Kam-pua and Kopi-o gao gao, is it?
H: Ah-but-then?
F: You have to cut down your kam-pua intake and have one kopi a day only!!
H: *pout* Why oh? My favourite oh.
F: You said you wana keep fit yet you eat kam-pua? Then don't tell me you're fat later on.
H: Kopi-o ler?
F: You dare to say, is it? Your teeth wong-wong one, you memang WONG la!!!!
H: *ko lien look* But we're leaving Sibu soon, not many chances I can eat liao moh.
F: You always say that. There are kam-pua and kopi-o there lar. Got Foochow there, ok?
H: ... *ignore*

Some people will think I'm a very controlling person, even Henry himself. But what he doesn't know is I care about him more than he cares about himself. He is still a baby to me. Yeah, don't ask me why I married this baby, I got cheated too, OK? :P hahahahahaha........

4th: Talking about our future
F: So what is your five-year plan?
H: What is that?
F: -_-||| What do you wana achieve in the next five years la?!?!?!
H: Oh...just get a job and earn money first lor.
F: And then?
H: Apa and then, that's it la! Don't think too much first, ok?
F: W...Wh..WHAT?
H: ... *walking away*

Maybe I'm too ambitious, I tend to plan for myself, be it five-year plan or ten-year plan. God, give me strength to continue talking to this gorilla.

5th: Going out
F: Hey, I'm going out with my friends tomorrow night ar.
H: Who?
F: XXX, YYY lor...
H: :( I also wana go.
F: EH, all girls, go what go.
H: Don't care, I wana follow.
F: If you're there, we can't chat, you know?
H: Si mer? Talk behind my back, I don't like! Don't care, I wana go.
*Trying to persuade for a few minutes*
F: OK, tonite you can play PS2. Happy?
H: Yipee, enjoy yourselves, don't come back too early ar.

To make boys compromise, girls have to sacrifice a little bit, like letting them do something they usually like (yet forbidden by us), as long as there is no much harm in it.

6th: Washing machine issue
F: Why don't we buy a washing machine for your mum?
H: No need la, they don't know how to use.
F: Then you teach them la!
H: Aiya, no need la, got kakak mar.
F: It can be tiring for mum also, she has to constantly check if kakak is washing the clothes properly.
H: Aiya, no need to worry la. Later on, they say it's wasting money!
F: ... *speechless*

Do we try before giving a verdict or do we give a verdict before trying?

7th: Holiday issue
F: Eh, we buy tickets for your parents to travel, you want?
H: No need la.
F: Why wor? It's good to take a break.
H: They don't know how to enjoy.
F: Have they ever travelled?
H: Yes, to Sibu.
F: -_-||| outside Sibu?
H: Kuching lor.
F: Outside Sarawak? Outside Malaysia?
H: No eh. They don't wana be away from business for too long mar.
F: But they need time to relax. It's not good to set their minds on business all the time!!
H: Let me think about it.
F: Think your head ar!!

My parents-in-law are two very hardworking adults. They work their whole lives for their children, who are grown-ups already. I think they deserve to take a break from this long-time commitment, to stop worrying about their children for once. Don't forget, we children want our parents to live without much worries.

8th: Making decision issue
F: Let's do it!
H: Let me think.
F: What more you wana think?
H: Think la!
F: Please la, one week already!!!
H: Must think very carefully.
F: You have been thinking long enough.
H: Still have to think.
F: You just don't wana do it, is it?
H: If can save the trouble, of course....
F: ... *speechless*

Do we think because we really need to? Or do we think because we want to get away from our responsibilities?

9th: Deciding to buy stuff
F: My SXNY camera is a bit sot-sot, I wana buy a new camera.
H: Aiya, still can use mar. Use it first la.
F: But I wana get a DSLR. I wana learn to take quality photos.
H: What for? You think you're a professional photographer ar?!?
F: I just wana learn new things, to upgrade myself, cannot mer?
H: Upgrade what? Cannot UP already.
F: ...Ok lor, it's quite a lot of money also. Let me think first la. Wait till I really need one.
H: Wah, since when you're so mature liao? Good girl oh.
*Not long after*
H: I wana buy a laptop.
F: What, your laptop is still functioning ok mar.
H: But your laptop isn't.
F: Then I should be the one buying, not you, idiot!
H: I buy one then I give you mine lor.
F: Wah, you're soooo "nice" ar. DON'T WANT!
H: I saw this DXLL, really cheap oh. Specs also not bad.
F: You really need this mer? I don't mind not having a laptop at the moment. Not doing big business la you know.
H: But really worth the money moh....:(
F: You very rich ar. You like to think, no mer? Think first la!
H: No-lie ("I don't like" in THAI pronunciation). Buay song liao~Tao yen ni! *gone*
F: ?!?!!?

Sometimes, we don't realise what we expect of others doesn't apply on ourselves. That's why we tend to have higher expectations on others rather than on ourselves.

10th: Issue on taking advantage

F: Eh, you cannot be like this moh..
H: What?
F: You should offer people help sometimes.
H: Why ler? They didn't ask oh.
F: *pengsan* That's why I said "OFFER"!!?!?!?
H: OH. But if they didn't ask, I won't respond de. I'm like this for the past 20+ years lar.
F: If you use your hands to walk for the past 20+ years, and I know it's easier to use the legs to walk, do you think I should let you know or not ler?
H: Of course lar, duh! But leg is leg, hand is hand, nothing to do with helping people.
F: OK, OK. I'm just saying sometimes it's good to help people without expecting anything in return.
H: It's my family upbringing la. My family does business mar, only think about input-output eh!
F: ... *speechless*

It's true that when we set our minds in the worldly things, we tend to get side-tracked on little things. We used to have some of these conversations. Happy to say that, Henry's changing. So be his friend, let us grow together. Though you drive me crazy, Henry, yes I still love you. *puke*

P.S. Maybe we can get Henry to write "10 ways Flora pisses me off", hahahaha...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HW: I had...I had dinner plans tonight.
Flora: Casa Tua?
HW: Casa Tua.
Flora: 8:30?
HW: 8:30.
Flora: You got the good table?
HW: I got the good table.
HW: You're not planning...to...uh...You're not planning to stand me up, are you?
Flora: Never.

Anonymous said...

After all, u two still a lovely couple......
:P

Anonymous said...

Talk too much you'll get the colombian neck tie,See too much, and you'll never see again!!!

Anonymous said...

Let me tag the so called gorilla (sorry, I know you don't like to be called that way) on

10 things you want to do before you left for New Zealand.

By the way, I don't like the word verification part. It makes me feel like I am mentally retarded.

Flora & Henry said...

James, I have that on to prevent some spams ;)

Amanda said...

it's always a two way communication thing... whenever there's interaction, there's bound to be conflict... take it the positive way and u'll think it's funnier than u think...
like my fren used to say, her grandparents only way of communication is through quarrels, they can quarrel on practically anything, even the dog next door or a familiar face on the papers... but when one is down with illness, the other actually begged others to carry her up to her husband just so she could be by his side every second...
touching eh??
er.. kinda out of topic though...
wuahahahaa