15 May 2008

....James....

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." 1:12

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." 1:19-20

"If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless." 1:26

It's one of my favourite books in the Bible because in many ways, I feel that it's talking about me. I was infamous for being bad-tempered when I was younger. I wonder if I was spoilt too much then.

As I grew up, I realised being a human being is about having temper, as we are created that way. The biggest difference between a man and an animal is that he, with the brain, is to control his action whereas it does it otherwise. Having said that, I feel like a beast lately, or since 2008 to be more precise. I have lost control over my emotion because I have not used my brain as how God wants me to.

You know how the world is like today, especially with the media influence. People think it's no longer an offence to use those foul words in their speech. They think that's one of the things to make them accepted in the community. People I see, they swear like they drink the water. At times, I also lost control of my tongue, I felt weak. That's why we need God and the Word in our lives. If we don't know how to live like Jesus, there will be more problems, not just restricting our tongues.

Can we stand the test? Do you want the glory? Do I, or do I not, get emotional?

No comments: